Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Finally ... I'm Here!

All the waiting has come to an end!! My study abroad adventures are off to a good start. Amanda and I flew out from Chicago on Monday and met up with Beth, Kris, Alex and David in the LA airport. (We saw the paparazzi stalking Pete Wentz ... Crazy!)

After a long plane ride, we landed in Auckland, New Zealand early this morning. The plan ride wasn't bad at all. We were pampered and I even ordered my first legal glass of bubbly :) In an attempt to get on track with the time change, we vowed to stay up today. So, we have spent most of the day roaming around Auckland. We took a tour to the top of the Skytower, the southern hemisphere's tallest building. What a view. I LOVE this city - it's like Mexico met Italy and created a stellar combination. There are a ton of cute boutiques and outdoor cafes. The weather is beautiful and I'm STOKED that I no longer have to worry about snow or negative temperatures.

Tonight we're headed to dinner and a drag show. The girls choice, of course. Our big adventure begins tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. sharp! We'll be taking a bus around the north island of New Zealand for 10 days and stopping for some heart pumping activities along the way, such as white water rafting, kayaking and 4-wheel driving. Amanda and Beth are even going to skydive! I told them I'd wait for them at the bottom with open arms. But, who knows. This place is full of free spirits and I could find myself immersed in it. No worries mate :)

I'll keep this updated as much as I can. We'll be in remote areas of New Zealand beginning tomorrow, but if I find my way to a computer, I'll be sure to let you all know what I've been up to.

XOXO, Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment