Monday, March 23, 2009

Still living the dream ...

Ok ... so I'm procrastinating right now. I truly don't want to start this paper I have to write, so I figured I'd update my blog as a sort of warm up. It makes sense if you think about it.

School is going well. The grades we receive here don't transfer back to the US. The only thing that transfers are the credits and the fact that you passed. So, really, I only need to pass these classes. That line of thought makes it extremely difficult to put a lot of effort into my assignments. A lot of people ask me if the classes are harder here. The answer is no, but yes. There is no busy work here and the professors could care less if you showed up or not. So, it's up to you to stay on top of it. Your entire grade for the class is made up of two to four major papers, projects or tests. So, if you bomb one of those, there's a good chance you'll be re-visiting that course the following semester. 

This past weekend was Surfest. We made our way down to Merewether Beach on Sunday for the finals and got to witness both the male and female champions on their last run. The waves weren't the biggest, but they worked with what they had and it was pretty sweet. We'll be attending Surf Camp as part of our spring break trip - so I'm hoping that I can be a fraction as good as the champions by the time I'm done :)

My parents are in Aussie!! They arrived on Monday and are currently in Cairns doing the whole tourist thing. They fly into Newcastle on Sunday and will stay with me for five days. Then, we're off to Sydney for five days of fun! I can't wait!! Then, it's only three days after they leave and I'm back in Sydney and ready to start my 18 day spring break adventure up the east coast. I'm about to become a very busy girl.

This weekend we're heading to Sydney to attend the MTV Australia Awards! They just announced that The Fray will also be joining the list of performers. It's a girls only weekend - we can get all dressed up, go out for a fancy dinner and pretend to walk the red carpet. Maybe we'll get stalked by the paparazzi?? Let's hope not.

Other than that, I don't have much else to report. Our St. Patrick's day keg was heaps of fun. I'm sure we'll be having another one soon. Looks like I have to start in on that paper now.

I'll post again soon. No worries, mate :)
XOXO, Jennifer Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment