Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Upcoming Adventures

Hey All.

My first day of school is tomorrow! Apparently there are no tutorials during the first week of school, leaving me with only one day of classes. Pretty sweet. Wish me luck tomorrow!

We've been planning a lot of things to do lately and so last night, we all sat down and filled in our new Uni planners. Turns out, we're booked solid until the middle of May! We've got some super sweet things lined up. Be sure to check this blog often so you can read all about it. Here are some of the things I've got to look forward to:

  • This weekend we're heading to Sydney for the Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras! It's said to be a huge, crazy party all weekend. We've already bought some sweet outfits and we can't wait! The estimated attendance? 700 to 800 THOUSAND! Bring it on.
  • On March 14, we booked tickets to the Sound Relief Concert. This is a last-minute benefit concert that is being put on to raise funds for the bushfire victims. Who's coming?! Coldplay, TAYLOR SWIFT!, Jet, Josh Pyke and about 10 others. Can't wait to hear Taylor!
  • March 15 - there is a St. Patrick's Day celebration on Beaumont Street in town. I'm hoping they serve green beer here.
  • On March 21 and 22 Newcastle hosts its largest event, Surfest. Tons of surfers from around the world come into town to compete for the winning title. Along with watching the surfers, there are a lot of side parties and activities going on ... such as the Wine & Waves festival at Merewether Beach. 
  • On Friday March 27, we have tickets to go to the MTV AUSTRALIA AWARDS, hosted by Pete Wentz and Audrina Patridge. How exciting is that!? We get to line the red carpet and go indoors for the main show. Beyonce, Kings of Leon and The Killers are performing. I'm definitely going to need to go shopping for this. 
  • Then ... on March 29, my parents arrive in Newcastle!!!
So that's enough to take me until the end of this month. Sounds thrilling, right? I think so. Can't wait to write about them!

Today we went shopping. I know what you're thinking and the answer is YES I WENT AGAIN. They've got adorable clothes here. Summer is officially over :( And now we're just waiting for fall to come to town. All of the locals say it gets 'really cold' in the winter. I was concerned until I realized their idea of really cold is 50 degrees fahrenheit. Can you tell they've never been to Iowa?

It's still beautiful here, though. Mid 80's and sunny! I spend most of my days on the beach soaking up the sun and watching the surfers. Tonight is Wednesday, which is the Uni party night. Most pubs and clubs have really good drink specials and the pubs are packed with students. You could say it's like Thursdays in Iowa.

We just had dinner (Sloppy Joe's, finally!) and now I'm going to take a nap before the evening festivities begin! Catch up with you all later!

XOXO, Jennifer Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment