We've made two really good friends from South Carolina - Mary Kathryn and Samantha. We met them at the hostel while we were all looking for a place to live. They've stumbled upon some bad luck and still haven't found accommodation. So, they're living with us until they can find an apartment. The search is hard! We got extremely luck with the place we have and I can't imagine how frustrated they must be. We love them and we're hoping they can find a place close to ours!
We have the best neighbors in the world! There are three guys living in the room next to ours and we've quickly become friends. They came over and set each of our computers up with their Internet information - so we've got free Internet now! Now, it'll be much easier to update this and stay in touch with family and friends back home.
Australia is still amazing! We've had great weather lately and so we've taken advantage of the beach. Today we went on a dolphin cruise in Nelson's Bay. Unfortunately, I had a little too big of a night last night and so the dolphin cruise wasn't all that enjoyable for me. I know, lesson learned. I did get to see some dolphins, though!
After living down here for a few weeks, I've become much more comfortable with my surroundings. Yet, there are still some minor differences from home that catch me off guard sometimes. I love the new and unfamiliar factor of living abroad. Everything is different and so each day is filled with trying and seeing new things. I wake up each morning with no agenda! I might try to conjure up a part-time job while I'm down here. I get the feeling that it may do me some good. If I spend the next six months doing nothing but going to the beach and partying, it might make it harder to adjust to life back in America. Plus, it would be nice to have some extra spending cash since I seem to do such a great job at spending money. I've been shopping a few times already. It's an addiction. But, when going out at night, the local girls get extremely dressed up in dresses and heels. So, obviously, we have to fit in. I look at it like we're simply helping the economy :)
There are definitely products that I miss from back home, though. I sure can't wait for my parents to visit - I'm fully expecting them to supply me with the things I miss most.
Until then, here are some MORE pictures of Newcastle! As soon as I find international stamps, I will be writing some post cards.
XOXO, Jennifer Lynn
I like the idea of getting a part-time job. I look at it like helping dad's wallet :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to visit. See 'ya soon!
Love,
Dad
I hate you la tigre! Your life is so exciting!!!
ReplyDelete